Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Evolution of a Painting...that is being stubborn!!




The two paintings that are shown here weren't the let the creative juices flow, everything going right, I love the way it looks paintings. They were the throw in a drawer for a year, oh I messed it up, it doesn't look right kind of paintings!!

The fish painting was the one in the drawer for a year..liked it but didn't know how to finish it off. It's done in Yupo (which I really don't like...) and since we covered Yupo in my last watercolor class, I decided to resurrect it and work on it in that class. For some reason, I decided to paint the fish some bright colors and call it a day and it worked! The dolphin ACEO was the one I messed up and didn't look right full size painting that I took the paper cutter to! Looks pretty cute as an ACEO!! It was hard to cut off everything but the dolphins but it served its purpose.

So now that I am happy with both of these paintings, they are posted in my Etsy shop for someone to purchase. If only they knew the journey they took to get there!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Hi Yankee, love both. Its funny how you mention each creation had a journey, how true.

Chauncey said...

Yank, nice job. I think many of us work, walk away and then work something again. I bet it feels good to finish these up!

Randomocity said...

Really really great, I like the hues of blue in the fish painting :)