Sunday, December 20, 2009

Madison's First Snow




We have a 9 month old Golden Retriever named Madison. She is the third Golden we have had in our lives and she is just a joy. Last February, we lost our beautiful Amber suddenly at 12 1/2 years old and about 2 weeks later we had our only big snow fall of the winter. Amber loved the snow so much and we loved romping around with her in it so when we had that storm after she died, I didn't have the heart to go out and enjoy it. I remember staying inside all day feeling very sad and alone.

We woke up to almost TWO FEET of snow this morning and because of our precious "Maddie Magoo" I feel like I can love the snow again. She wasn't sure what to make of it at first but it didn't take long before she was pouncing up and down in it, helping Daddy shovel and playing with the boys next door in their front yard.

Madison, thank you for coming into our lives and for helping me love snow again...

6 comments:

Julie G. said...

Animals can bring such joy into our lives. They are family so when we lose one it is with great sadness. I'm glad you can once again enjoy winter wonderland with Madison! Great pics, makes me want to jump in!

Yankeegirl said...

Thanks so much for the comment. Yes, we do love our animals!!

Chauncey said...

aww Yankee, thats heartwarming. I'm so glad Madison came into your life and gives you smiles.

Zuda Gay Pease said...

I knew she would have a wonderful time!! And how great that she has some boys to share in the joy as well as her mommy and daddy. Love the photos!!

circleinthesand said...

awwww, she's sooo cute. I'm glad she has helped you to have fun in the snow again!!

Beth said...

I'll join everyone and say AWWWW. so cute. But I'm still not a snow lover....glad you enjoyed this day.