Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sea Spray-Original Watercolor Painting


Meet my latest watercolor painting titled "Sea Spray". I just love the look of an old rustic looking rowboat and paired with my love of the beach and the ocean...a no brainer idea for a painting. I had a little bit of a problem tying the beach, boat and water to each other. The boat looked as though it were just kind of floating in air until I made my shadow more prominent and incorporated the spray from the ocean. It also gave me the name of the painting!

This painting can be purchase through my Etsy shop. It comes unmatted and unframed but I will custom mat it to a standard size if you would like. Thanks for stopping by!!

7 comments:

Zuda Gay Pease said...

Beautiful!!! I love how you caught the flying water droplets!! Well done!

Beth said...

This painting is gorgeous. I also love the flying water droplets. Beautiful.

Unknown said...

Beautiful work yankee girl! I saw you over on Jean Levert Hood's bloggy and was so impressed by your hydrangeas, such a hard flower to paint and you are a master.

Chauncey said...

Yankee it is beeeautiful! Such a soothing scene.

On a Whimsey said...

What a lovely composition! The water droplets sort of help to bring it all together.

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful. I love what you did with the water spray. Excellent work

D said...

Very nice art work. I received a very nice water color as a gift last year. It was a little oddly sized so I made a custom frame for it out of curly figured maple with mahogany splines for strength. It adds an extra custom flare that you can't get with a store bought frame.

http://HandMadeWoodGifts.com