Monday, March 9, 2009

Cottage Hydrangeas-Original Watercolor Painting


This is one my newest watercolors called "Cottage Hydrangeas". It is another in a series of paintings of my favorite flower that seems to be a favorite of many people. It's such a peaceful, old fashioned flower that reminds people of their mothers or grandmothers gardens.
This was one of those paintings that went well from start to finish. I got the desired look and feel without having to mess around with it too much. It's done on Masa paper which is soaked in water and crumpled up, then painted on. I usually crumple it up again at this stage to get a wonderful mingling of colors that is just perfect for hydrangeas.

7 comments:

Chauncey said...

hey Yankee, it's really lovely!

Beth said...

This is one of my favs also

Ilena said...

I am also a big hydrangea lover. You've done a wonderful job of capturing their beauty.

Judy Nolan said...

What a pretty watercolor, Carol!

On a Whimsey said...

So pretty and 'cottagey'!

ellie said...

This is beautiful. Love that technique.
Ellie

PussDaddy said...

This is really pretty.

PussDaddy